Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Monday

Days like today make you thankful for the days that are not like today. 
It was a day full of owies, colds and crabbiness. Each one of us girls dealt with all of the above. Plus, when I got to school I thought that things would change, but instead my students just aggravated me more by being apathetic poops. However, I know that today was a day that won't repeat itself in the same form. I also know that even when we have a rough day there are people out there who are having much harder days. (We could be having the influenza and moving or something like that). I hope that every one of you reading this blog are having a fantastic day/ night!! 

Of course every cloud has a silver lining and mine is what my girls and I did this morning before the day took a turn. We watched a video of me at BLC from 11 years ago. I had helped a dear friend do this crazy documentary at the end of our BLC career that many years ago. Well, yesterday it arrived in the mail in the form of a DVD. (Yes, the editing system, or else the postal system was a bit slow since like I said it was from 11 years ago.)Don't worry Paulette has been getting grief about if for each of those years. Anyway, this morning my girls and I watched it together. While it was most certainly not my best camera work ever, and the quality was that of 1997 technology, it  was awesome. Yes, it is crazy, and there are a few pointless moments of trying to get random friends to talk to the camera. But, we were crazy friends (and some will still say we are a bit crazy.) True, the wardrobe and hair needed assistance, but we were together. There are even a couple of cameo appearances by my future husband. (Of course the girls and I got the most excited about those parts, silly I know, but we love our prince charming/superman.)
We should have watched this at the end of the afternoon and it would have made the whole day seem better. It makes me feel better just thinking about it. I am so blessed with wonderful family and friends. I love you all very much and am so thankful that God has brought you into my life. 
Ok, enough sap, but I really do love you. 
 

4 comments:

Joy said...

One of the wisest things anyone ever told me (when I was having a bad day when Gabe was a baby) was my friend/neighbor Jackie, whose late mother said of bad days with children: "The days are long but the years are short." And now that I have a 9 year-old (!), I know it for a fact.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I really miss those days. And I cringe when I think of all of the missed opportunities.

But then, my life would be different, and I'm rather content with it. So I guess it all worked out.

Love you too, and we must get together!!!! This spring, when my porch is usable, I'll have you over.

Photo Mommy said...

You are both wise women.
Joy I like that saying, and it is true even though my kids are still little. They won't be for very long.
Caia, we will definitely have to test out that porch in a couple of months! :)

Betsy said...

I am having one of those days today. It is a blessing to be reminded that I am not the only one. You just put a smile on my face.
Thanks