I have learned three things from this. 1. Don't do a winter series, I live in Minnesota and it is cold out there (but crazy enough that is part of the basis behind my whole art show.....). 2. Use my other camera, it won't freeze up. 3. Life is like loading film, you just roll with it and even if it doesn't turn out like how you want, it will all work out in the end because God is in control, not me.
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Just roll with it
Tonight I developed 7 rolls of film. From those seven 36 exposure rolls I have the equivalent of about 4 that turned out. I was a bit worried that this would happen. When I was out shooting my shutter kept freezing. I would go back into the car and warm it up and then go back out, but I could tell that it wasn't moving as fast as it was supposed to be. I thought "oh I have never had a roll of film not work out. Some of them will still work." and kept on shooting. Well, I should have stopped and saved myself the gas and film because I was wrong. Some did work, but not as many as I thought would. (At least the last few I took of the cutest girls in the world turned out). This is why photographers go digital. They can see what they have before they spend two hours waiting for the results. As I sit here in the darkroom waiting for my spotty rolls to dry I am just reminded of how to be humble. This will give me a good example in class, sometime. I have to get over the fact that it still didn't work before I share it with those who look up to me for advice. So why am I telling you? You don't look up to me for advice and I need to gripe to someone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment