Wednesday, February 6, 2008

First steps

Claire officially took her first steps last Friday night. We tried to get it on video, but of course by the time we got the camera rolling she was exhausted. Plus, most of the footage we did get is of Rylee and Olivia getting in the way so they could see themselves. 
With each day Claire gets more sure of herself. She would still rather have something to hold on to, and needs to be tricked into walking, but she can do it. She is definitely more leery that Olivia was. As you know she was fearless and had already been walking for two months by now. Today Claire was walking from me to the couch over and over. Rylee and I thought that was pretty awesome. 

Tonight on the way home from church Rylee and Olivia were chewing gum. This is a special treat for them and Rylee pointed out some interesting points about gum. This is kind of how her conversation went. "Can I have a bedtime snack? I have gum, but it isn't good for me. I need to have something that is good for me. You should really let me have something that is good for me." Eric then proceeded to tell her about the fact that in fact gum has no nutritional qualities, but that it tastes good and is fun. Plus of course he filled her in on what nutrition is and what it does for you. The end of the conversation basically ended with Rylee telling us that she really likes gum, no matter what its nutritional qualities are. And, that she still wanted to have a snack when she got home. Big surprise there, the girl eats constantly. I still haven't figured out where it goes. 


No comments: