Thursday, July 30, 2009

The escapee

Why did we ever teach Claire how to open the doors? It was only about two weeks ago that she actually learned to turn on and off the lights. So, that day Eric decided to really work on the doors with her again. She had tried months ago but gave up very easily and said she couldn't do it. Well, since the other day she has been able to do it. Tonight at bedtime she kept coming back out. Eric found her lying on the floor by the window with a pillow. I put her to bed and two minutes later she was back out wanting to snuggle. The first time I found it impossible to refuse. (You look at that face with those huge eyes and say no). I laid there with her for a long time, but she wouldn't fall asleep so I decided to leave. She followed me out. We put a stop to it eventually, and she finally gave in to sleep. But, this was another example of how our Claire Bear is a bit different than the other girls.
.

No comments: