Sunday, February 28, 2010

Phoenix


I climbed to the top of the hill near the tower that you see.



Natural Bridges. It is part of a state park.


Greetings from the land of cacti! I am presently sitting in the airport here and thought since my flight was delayed it was the perfect opportunity to post my weekend. I have been here since Thursday for a journalism convention. I have learned a few things, met a few people, taken a lot of photos, and seen even more amazing photos. The first day I caught the best photo exhibit I have ever seen. It was Ansel Adams. Even though he isn't my #1 favorite photographer, his show was so powerful. Today I rented a car and headed out into the mountains for an attempt at my own masterpieces. It rained a lot, but was worth the adventure. It was so fun to see the typography change. I went from rolling hills filled with cacti, to mountains/national forest covered in the same. I thought it was so funny to call a forest that when there were no trees. As I went farther north I did find trees, and snow, a lot of it. In once place there were numerous people playing in it, even making a snowman. I rushed back so I wouldn't miss my flight, and of course it is delayed an hour+. Go figure. I could have probably made it to where I originally wanted to make it today! I am really looking forward to getting back to my family and I am very thankful I don't have to teach tomorrow.

No comments: