Saturday, January 15, 2011

Fun in the snow





Winter is long, so you must make the most of it. I just saw the Acura commercial that talks about the testing they did with their cars in Minnesota winters. At the end it says, "If you have winters like this you don't need a new car, you need a new place to live." I thought it was hilarious, but I still love winter.
Our entire afternoon has been spent sledding. Our neighbor has a large pile of snow we have turned into a sledding hill. After naps we went to Sibley Hill for the second time of the season. Aside from the difficulties of climbing the (small) hill everyone was great and had a blast. Rylee is fearless when it comes to sledding. She practically runs to the top of the big hill and of course flies back down. Last time we were there (when these photos were taken) she even flew over a jump. It was unplanned, but thankfully she landed it.
It is fun that the kids are getting big enough to do stuff like this. We have plans to snowshoe and cross country ski in the next few days. Since they don't have school on Monday my plan is to exhaust them :).
In the past few days a co-worker gave Bridger snow pants. He hated the snowsuit that you see pictured. I still can't figure out why that was, maybe he somehow knew that it used to be Mae-Mae's, but he would cry every time I put him in it. He is now so excited to put on his new snow pants that he even has a little dance for it and can't wait to get into them.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Those were my old snow pants!? Ha, too funny! I would cry too Bridger.