Friday, August 14, 2009

The first sleepover

I have been behind in my posting, and mostly it is because we have been so busy that I haven't had time to sit at my computer. Now that we have no casts, the weather feels like summer, and the lazy days of summer are dwindling, we have been cramming as much as we can into these last few days of relaxation. Each day has been full of something, and tonight is a big night for Rylee- her first sleepover. She is staying with her best friend, who is nearly a family member anyway, so I am thinking there will be no issues. When I asked her if she was going to be okay away from home she replied, "I am almost six mom. I'll be fine." She left her 'beep' in the van, which could mean that she is growing up, or there will be trouble. We haven't gotten any emergency phone calls yet, so I am going to assume that the girls will sleep like princesses through the night.
Olivia gets to sleep in Rylee's bed. As long as she doesn't have to get up and go to the bathroom, and forgets that she is in the top bunk she should be fine. It was hard on her not to get to have a sleepover, but she, Claire and I had to go to St. Peter to take a photo to the gallery there and we spent awhile in the huge Tree playground. She was fine. I must say it was weird to be somewhere with only two kids though.
Another momentous thing of the week is that Bridger had his skin tag on his finger removed. We also had the growth from his extra digit removed so they worked on both pinkies. The dermatologist gave him a big enough shot of lidocaine to poof up the skin and then she shaved it off. He didn't scream too badly at first, but when she got to the second finger he knew what was happening and didn't like the shot at all. He has been fine since the procedure is over. He is getting around quickly wherever he wants to go. He won't be like Olivia and walking at 10 months, but he gets where he wants to go by rolling and army crawling, quickly.

No comments: