Friday, August 14, 2009

the escapee part two

Around 12:30 on Tuesday morning I was still awake making my kitchen the cleanest it has been for the past four years. (Eric painted and I scrubbed every surface.) I had taken something downstairs and was on my way up when all of a sudden I hear a door open and close. I thought it was Eric who had just gone to bed moments ago. When I got to the top of the stairs I jumped at the sight of Claire. We snuggled and she went back to sleep. About 1 and 1/2 hours later I heard the door again. I had gone to bed of course, and turned all of the lights off. However, I had left our door open just in case she woke up again. I found her at the top of the steps in the dark. She remembered the events in the morning, so I am assuming she wasn't sleep walking. But, once again it was easier when she couldn't open doors. Thankfully she hasn't tried it since, and it may have been because she wasn't sleeping well due to allergies. Nonetheless, it was enough to startle me.
Claire has also come up with an awesome name for the junk in the corner of your eye. From now on those will be called 'sparkles' in our house.

No comments: