Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Ahhh spring

I love this time of the year. We can go outside without five layers and the girls can get filthy in a matter of seconds. Claire's favorite thing to do is to sit in the sandbox and pour the sand over her legs. Today after preschool we took Rylee's friend Sophie to her house where we were served a delicious meal outside. Being able to sit outside and eat is so great. I think it makes the food taste even better. This is the difference between their house and ours, because of the wind today we wouldn't have been able to do this here.
Of course as soon as they were done eating Rylee, Sophie and Olivia were wearing whatever dress up clothes they were allowed to wear outside. Rylee and Sophie even put 'makeup' on (which was a first for my daughter). It is pretty funny to see fairy princesses waltzing around outside. It is so fun to see our children have good friends. Jadon is about the same age as Olivia, but she doesn't really have much to do with him. She would rather follow the other girls around, or go off into her own little world in the sandbox or swings.
Another awesome thing is that Rachel and I are due within two weeks of each other. It is good to hang out with a friend who because of pregnancy is as forgetful as you. Plus, when she starts staring off into space because of exhaustion it doesn't matter because the other mother is doing the exact same thing.
After supper I sent Rylee and Olivia in the backyard while Eric tilled the garden. My head was screaming and I knew I couldn't take the wind anymore, so Claire and I reorganized their clothing. That is enough of a headache in itself, but we got it done.

No comments: