Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

God's blessings to your family as you remember the greatest blessing of all, our salvation. We have had a great day at Grandpa and Grandma Woller's. Rising early for the sunrise service was a little tough, Claire would have slept through anything I think because our talking and having the light on didn't bother her. She did wake up and fell asleep later in church. Eric and I can't get over how amazing this is. Neither Olivia or Rylee would have dreamed of falling asleep anywhere outside of their beds after they were three months old. We will take it! One other great thing about the sunrise service in Fairfax is that we can wake up at 5:45 and get five people dressed (some showered) and still get to 6:30 church on time. It is great to just have to walk across the lawn.
After church we headed to the greatest breakfast ever. When Roger retires we are planning on going back each year just so we can still get the eggs and homemade cinnamon/caramel rolls. Once we had our fill we headed back to the house to find the eggs and baskets. Martin and Claire almost got the wrong baskets, how terrible it would have been for him to get the pink one. But, they got on the right track and found their first. Rylee and Olivia also found each other's baskets first, but they eventually got the right ones. They also found all of the eggs in record time. Either they are getting better at it, we helped them more, or maybe Shawn and Mae Mae usually slow things down. I am not sure which it was.
The rest of the day was spend playing, eating a feast for lunch and napping. Rylee didn't nap all day, and did surprisingly well, thankfully. They are still in there talking as I write this, so I guess they are still not ready for sleeping.
When we got home they found their Easter baskets here, and of course got more candy and goodies. I actually gave Olivia a potato shaped egg. I found it in California at the most awesome chocolate shop 'See's Candy'. It was supposed to be made for St. Patrick's Day, but how perfect for our potato lover?
I think they had a great weekend, and so did their parents (despite the fact that I have a rotten cold). Grandpa and Grandma were reminded how silly our children are and again witnessed firsthand the weird things that they can come up with, especially at meals. It is always fun to get together with family and I hope that you all had a great Easter too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whatev I am a good egg finder! :) And congrats on the baby!