I have never witnessed such a game of musical chairs. Rylee wanted to play and of course it was a great idea. So Olivia's idea was to add more and more chairs. Currently there are six chairs for two girls. They tried to play it the right way, but obviously that wasn't working. So. instead of stopping with the music they have determined that it is more fun to climb across all of them and occasionally take a dancing break. Meanwhile Claire is really jamming out to the music herself. So far her favorite song was 'Cotton Eyed Joe'. She is now playing her own game with the chairs. It is perfect for her because she can cover the entire living room without letting go of something, even though she did it again today solo.
This afternoon we also spent about two hours playing outside. While our backyard is a swamp, it was great to be able to get outside and enjoy the beautiful weather. Eric is also about ready to fire up the grill. How about that for March 13?
3 comments:
Claire has good taste. I can remember dancing to 'Cotton Eyed Joe' when I was in high school. It was one of my favorites.
Do you know the an actual dance that goes with Cotton Eyed Joe (it works best with techno remix), it is quite fun. It is similar to the electric slide, but with more flare. Someday I will teach my nieces how to do it.
That sounds awesome. I can't wait for you to teach them (us) the dance. Then they can practice and give their aunt Mae Mae a show sometime.
Post a Comment