Thursday, May 5, 2011

A sweet reminder

Tonight I was at Mount Olive putting together Olivia's kindergarten scrapbook with the other mothers. One of them said that Olivia was the sweetest girl ever and a few other mother chimed in with their sweet Olivia stories. Since I am with her everyday I often forget how correct they are. However, I was reminded of a story from only a few hours ago. I had picked up their bedroom this afternoon so that their best friends could come over tonight. Eric watched all eight kids while their mom and I went to do the scrapbooking. That could probably be a post all in itself, but I don't really know what happened while we were gone other than they devoured an entire bag of pretzels and four apples within three minutes.
Anyway, right after we got home from piano lessons this afternoon Olivia said that she wanted to give me $20 for picking up their room. I of course said no, I didn't need anything for doing it. She then followed me and attempted to try to give me money for cleaning their room. She wouldn't take no for an answer, and the change is still sitting on my office desk because she wouldn't take it back. She gave me a huge hug and I told her I would much rather take those than money any day, but she still wanted to give me money. I don't know where this came from because she doesn't get money for doing any chores, but I guess it goes along with her giving personality. She truly is a sweetheart.
I must also add that in almost every photo that her teacher has of her, Jadon Kerkow is standing next to her. He is her best friend. His Dad currently has a call to Texas to do exploratory mission work. If Pastor Kerkow takes the call there will be a lot more tears pouring from many of the eyes in this house. We have been friends forever and all of our kids are best friends. I can't even continue to type without crying, so I am not any better than the rest of them. Therefore, if you could send some prayers to pastor Kerkow as he makes this decision, and us that would be fantastic.

No comments: