Sunday, November 22, 2009

Time flies




It seems as if nothing ever gets done, and this blog is often the first to go on the wayside. It isn't that there isn't constantly entertainment here, but that is the exact reason posts are few and far between, especially since school started. I am looking forward to Christmas break. Only three weeks!
This weekend was full of activity. On Friday night I went to a fashion show that was organized by BLC alumni and was full of current models/students. It was really well done and very entertaining to see some of my students up on the runway.
Yesterday started off with lefse making at church. It was our first time and Olivia and Claire spent most of the time playing, but Rylee and Morgan (friend/niece of Dave and Heidi) made great assistants. They rolled while I cooked. Some of our products became pieces, but some were wonderfully circular and everything we have sampled so far tastes delicious.
Immediately after that we picked up the men and headed to get H1N1 shots for the kids. Even though they had this last month it was decided it was still a good idea. We celebrated the success of that with Happy Meals.
Naps were already late because of all of this, and Bridger didn't go down until almost 3. That was when we were supposed to be at our friend Henry's 2nd birthday party. I took the older girls and Eric and the other two joined us about an hour later. A few minutes after his arrival Eric left to go to a banquet in New Ulm. The rest of our night was regular Saturday night routine.
Today Rylee, Olivia and I went bowling with others from Rylee's school. It was their first time and thanks to the bumpers they did quite well. Olivia had given up early on because, "It is hard work and I am exhausted," she said. We were able to find her a smaller ball and then she even manage to finish out the second game.
(Grandma and Grandpa don't read this next part because she wants to surprise you tomorrow- Rylee lost her fourth tooth tonight after supper.) She is really excited because now she can actually sing, "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth."
Now it's Sunday night of Thanksgiving week. This whole week won't be any less eventful.
Just tomorrow we have more shots for the oldest four of us, a portrait sitting, and I have to travel to St Peter to pick up a photo from a recent show. By the way, if you want to read about that here is a Star Tribune article. If you don't want to read the whole thing you can skip to the end :)
Maybe Claire will sleep in tomorrow though, she is still talking and it is after 9:30!!!

No comments: